- My smooth collie “Arrow” reached the Platinum level Grand Champion on Sunday. He is the first collie, rough or smooth, to be a Platinum Grand Champion. (He also won the group on Saturday.) Through the end of June, he was #1 Smooth Collie, all breed system, #2 Breed system, and #15 inthe Herding Group. We’re guessing that he’ll be #1 Breed system when the numbers come out for July.
Arrow’s brother, Doc, earned his AKC Herding Instinct certification, getting both legs at the Buffalo test a few weeks ago. He’s the third from this breeding to do so.
- We are floating on air yet. On Thursday at the Siberian Husky Club of the Niagara Frontier show held at Batavia our girl, “Lola,” Seasi’s What Lola Wants, went BISS for a 5 pt major out of the bred by class over 10 specials. Her mother, CH. Seasi’s Raye of Sunshine, came out of retirement to play there also and on Thursday was Best in Veteran Sweeps, Best Veteran in Show, and Select Bitch. On Friday at the Seneca Siberian Husky Club, she was Best Opposite Sex in Veteran Sweeps and Select Bitch again. It was an AWESOME show for us.
Sue Seasi Kennel
- Our prodigal boy, Scottie, who is fighting being a show dog went BW in spite of himself on Thursday for 2 pts. And his sister, Rissy, took WB on Friday and BW on Sunday for two 5 point majors. Great weekend for Foxburrow Borders.
- I haven’t posted a brag in a while, thought this was a nice win. Went to Cleveland this past weekend to the Siberian Husky Club of Greater Cleveland specialty. Our bred by bitch “Seasi’s What Lola Wants” went WB, BW, BBE for 4pt major. Was definitely worth the 6-hour trip!! Also a little late, but Lola won the bred by class at our National Specialty in November.
Sue & Jenn
- OKA Junior Brag:
Devin Rath won 9-12 open class with Preston at the Salt City Cluster show. Sunday April 1st.
- Saturday, 4/21, at the Western Lakes Training Club’s Agility Trials, Stephanie Podejko and her Dalmatian, CH Venus MX MXJ RN, finished her Master Agility Championship making Venus a Dual Champion! CH MACH Venus MX MXJ RN !!!! Hurrah for Team SPOT!!!!
A MACH is completed by qualifying in both an Excellent B Standard Agility course and an Excellent B Jumpers with Weaves Agility course on the same day. They needed 20 of these days (also referred to a doubleQ or QQ) along with 750 points which are obtained by beating the pre-determined (based on feet per second per level) course time for each run. One point is gained for each second the dog runs the course under the pre-determined course time.
- Last weekend we had an awesome time at the Blue Ridge Australian Shepherd Club’s 5 shows in Weyers Cave, VA. Back in the ring for the first time since the early ’80’s, I showed MBIS BISS AKC/ASCA Ch Aliyah’s Semper Fi of Joywalk...“Dallas” in Veterans, just to get my feet wet again and have some fun. Showed his son, AKC/CKC Ch Aliyah’s Heartbreak Ridge...“Gunny” in very competitive BBX classes (4-5 entries) to three 1st places, one 2nd place and one 3rd place. My friend Stephanie Winters showed Dallas’ other son, Aliyah’s Who Shot JR?...“JR,” to one major RWD, and then finished his ASCA CH at the Sunday morning show with a 5 pt. major!! Dallas’ grandson, “Easy” went BOBP too. I got brave and entered “Dallas” in BOB for Sunday morning only.....and we went BOB over some very lovely specials!!!! I am ecstatic!!!
Lynne C. Skinner
- December 3
Our smooth girl “Sally,” Silver GCh Travler’s Mustang Sally, was BOV and Herding Group 1st in Michigan–her first group 1st and the 3rd in her litter to get a group 1st. Sally handled by Marcy Fine.
In Illinois, her daughter “Ticket,” Travler’s Ticket to Ride, was WB, BW for a 4 pt. major. I think that gives her 8 points. At the same show, “Sally’s” brother “Arrow,” Gold Gch Travler’s Pierce Arrow, was BOV and Herding Group 1st! Ticket and Arrow handled by Laurie Jeff Greer.
Candy’s on her way out to buy a lottery ticket...but maybe we've used up all of our luck!
- December 18
Congratulations to Queezle for her AOE and her daughter's! That’s quite an achievement!
We had entered Arrow at Eukanuba, but also entered him at the Mississippi weekend. After showing Saturday, Jeff (my handler) would have had to drive all night to get to Florida, so we decided not to have them go, after all, and stay in Mississippi for the Sunday show there. I think it was the right decision; after going Group 1 on Friday and Saturday there, he repeated that today for THREE GROUP ONEs this weekend! And we got to watch his chief rival and #2 smooth collie, all systems, get a well deserved (maybe I’m prejudiced) 2nd in the Herding Group at Eukanuba. It has been a great year!
- Our Bulldog, Marley went BOW for a 4 point major to finish on Friday, Moved up on Saturday and got a select and went BOB at the Cleveland Bulldog specialty on Sunday.
Our Lowchen, Jeter Bug went BOW Thursday and Friday for his first points. Daniel Cunningham
©2021 Onondaga Kennel Association
PO Box 2174
Syracuse, New York 13220